SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garden_lover_garden_lover

Septoria leaf spot?

Garden Lover
6 years ago

Hi again all! Hope everyone's garden's are growin' and groovy right now! :D

I'm just looking for some input about my tomato plants. Sadly, I planted them (possibly) too early (mother's day wknd), and we've had some cool/rainy weather the last couple of weeks, so it appears that my tomato plants have developed some problems as a result.

They were doing 'ok' and there is only 1 plant that is actually doing well (store-bought 'bonnie' plant) the rest are nursery/homegrown and not faring so well.

Anyway, it appears that my sungold/early-girls have developed septoria leaf/bacterial speck, or something like that. I don't water overhead and have spaced properly/mulched...my only suspician is that the heavy rains/cool weather have encouraged this problem to occur.

Wanted to borrow some eyes to take a looksie at the plants and see what others may suggest of what to do. I have a small greenhouse with at least 30 replacement plants to put out if these are worthless, but I was kind of hoping to keep the sungolds, since, they are seemingly so difficult to come by these days...

Anyone have input/ideas as to what may be going on and what should be done about it.

TIA for any advice!!

Comments (6)