SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abross192

PentalQuartz Pricing - Am I Crazy??

Greetings Fellow Gardenwebers/Houzzers!

Am remodeling our kitchen and have fallen in love with PentalQuartz Misterio. Found a local reputable place (Sullivan Counters) for slab, fabrication, and installation, but i am completely blown away by their bid. Like, I think i started choking on my tea!

We're in the Oakland/Berkeley area with an over estimated total of about 58 sq ft of counter space. We were quoted a total of $6600. Two slabs (the smaller one at 119"x55") at $1500 EACH, plus the $3600 for labor (measuring, fabrication, installation, and the plywood subcounter)... that's $114 per sq ft installed.

ALL of my kitchen cabinets - 22 to be exact (albeit a more expensive IKEA style), high end drawer pulls, high end fireclay apron front sink, and high end faucets ('splurged' since we were doing IKEA cabinets) didn't cost this much. The AKDO Carrera marble and AKDO glass arabesque tiles for the backsplash and accent wall aren't this much.

Is that reasonable for this area? Do any of you know of another retailer? Am I being naive?? I'll suck it up and start looking for something else if so, because I really don't want to spend more than 4k on counters. PLEASE HELP!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals