SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lsutiga21

Looking to redo front yard garden, zone 9

lsutiga21
6 years ago

Asking for some assistance with design for my front yard garden from the many talented and creative folks here on this site. I live in zone 9, southeastern Louisiana, and have had a very poor-looking front yard since we moved into house 3 years ago. I am looking to completely redo the landscape design sometime between now and the fall. Am open to all ideas, including redesigning the shape and curve of the garden beds themselves, moving/transplanting/removing current shrubs and trees already in the garden, redoing/changing the type of pavers that border the garden, and which plants to add/replace in the garden. Below are pictures of my current front yard. Almost all of the yard gets direct sunlight for almost 12-14 hours/day.

I have very few "requirements" for what I would like any design I implement to include:

1. Would like to remove the sago palm completely. Would like to keep the magnolia that is on the far left of the design ("on the left" if looking from the street back toward the house, as in the pictures).

2. Can dedicate at least 1-2 days/ week to maintenance (weeding, watering, pruning, etc.).

3. Would like a decent amount of color added via seasonal annuals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cannot thank this wonderful community enough for what they do for people like myself who don't have as natural an eye for this type of thing. So grateful.

Comments (6)