SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maifleur01

Falling from wheelchair

maifleur01
6 years ago

As my husband's dementia is progressing he has started moving his body front to back in his chair. Each time he moves a little forward. He has increased the movement and always leans forward with his hands clasped in front of him but arms on his legs. He keeps falling out. The pad hospice thought would help sent him to the floor quicker. The nursing home is now trying a sticky pad, sticky on both sides. However his movements are breaking the bonds between it an the chair. In older days he would be strapped into the chair. Would only cause more injury as he would loose his balance and bring the chair over on top of him. Has anyone seen something that might help. I thought of one of those chair beds that tilt backward but both I and the staff think he would try to climb over the sides. I had never heard of the continual rocking in dementia patients before him and see none of the other patients doing it. However I have a friend who still has here father at home and he is doing the same thing.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH