SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

# 2 OBF MAY "GARDEN CANDY"

canyonwind
6 years ago

OBFERS please post here from now on......

I will copy games ect from the first thread and bring over here.

ALL OVER THE PLACE BINGO

Today's fetches x 3, just for you, courtesy of the wild and crazy Lab Baby J....good luck!

29. Gary Puckett and The Union Gap sings "Woman, Woman"
(1968)

42. Prime Rib with Au Jus and Creamy Horseradish

12. Bisquits and White Gravy with Ham

Partners SENT and RECEIVED thus far....

If I missed anyone, please let me know.

Amy, I am planning on sending your way Monday or Tuesday.

*Ishareflowers Lisa send to Margo

*Margo sends to Susan...SENT

*Susan sends to Ishareflowers Lisa

*Ruth sends to Shirley...SENT

*Shirley send to Ruth

*Jeanne sends to Paperfinch Lisa

*Paperfinch Lisa sends to Jeanne

*Nicole send to Heidi...SENT

*Heidi sends to Nicole...SENT/RECEIVED

*Beth sends to Erica

*Erica sends to Beth

*Amy send to Annie

*Annie sends to Amy

I will update The Preakness Pony game and "THIS" game in a few minutes.

Thanks

Annie

Comments (80)

• PaperFinch
    6 years ago

Hello, everyone!

I received my package from Jeanne! Thank you! I absolutely love the little gnome!

She also sent Lemon Basil bath salts and chocolate! I had hoped to send my package out sooner, but life's been a bit crazy.

Jeanne, tracking for your package is #9505514386917145069316

Today is my birthday, so I'm gonna go get ready to have some fun with the family. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Lisa

canyonwind thanked PaperFinch
  • sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

Lisa, I'm glad your package arrived safely and that you liked it. Happy Happy Birthday!!!

I'll post when my package arrives.

Jeanne

• Related Discussions

may obf swap part 2

Q

Comments (141)
    all is calm right now here on the home front my step mother is with her family till they get her weight down sugar leveled out & the sodium level up bit . need to get my yard mowed today it is warm out there . don't need a heat stroke :( susan : so sorry you can;t be with us for awhile :) but if & when you ever want to come back in for trades please feel free to do so :)) Beth I believe you are the only one of the group that has not Hosted since we started the group & would like to ask if you would like to take on the SEPT swap theme ?? can you let me know ? SANDLAPPER/JEANNE I don't think you have hosted either right ? Is there anyone in our group who has not hosted a swap yet ?? I need to get my paper work up-dated . here is what I have so far correct me if I'm wrong . or if you feel you will not be able to do your monthly swap . wish everyone a safe weekend susie JANUARY ---KLICKITAT--- FRUITCAKE SWAP FEB-----LLBEAN------VALENTINES SWAP MARCH---DIZZYDAFFODIL----butterfly swap APRIL----AMYBABYBOY---EASTER LILY SWAP MAY----RAGGEDYANNE---PLANT SWAP JUNE---LIL_GREEN_THUMB---PATRIOT SWAP JULY --SKOHLER---INDEPENDENCE DAY SWAP AUG---SASSYD---COOKBOOK SWAP SEPT --- OCT---LUNAMOON-- HALLOWEEN SWAP NOV--SGUANZON-- DEC-- CEDARNEST--- XMAS HOSTED 06-07 LIST AMYBABYBOY3 /AMY -----------APRIL 07 BETH_B_KODIAK/BETH ??????????? BRITNEYGRAN/SHIRLEY-------SEPT 06 CEDARNEST/NANCY-----------DEC 07 DANCINGMOON/TRISH ----- TAKEN TIME OUT DEBBYA/DEBBY------------------NOV 06 DIZZYDAFFODIL/SUSANN-------MAR 07 EARTHLY DELIGHT/MARYANNE-----DEC 06 GIVERNY4ME/SUSAN--------------TAKEN TIME OUT KLICKITAT/JULES------------------JAN 07 LIL_GREEN_THUMB/KIM ------ JUNE 07 LLBEAN/LAURA----------------FEB 07 LUNAMOON/JENELL----------OCT 07 MELLEN/MARYELLEN--------APRILL 06 MMQCHDYGG/TINA ???????? NYVOICES99/ANITA---------JUNE 06 RAGGEDYANNE/ANNIE------MAY 07 REMY/REMY-----------------OCT 06 SANDLAPPER_ROSE-------- SASSYD/DIANE--------------AUGUST 07 SGUANZON/SUE------------NOV 07 SKOHLER/SUSIE ------------JULY 07 THERESA24/THERESA-------MAY 06 VEEJAY11/CAROL -----------JULY 06 ZABECC/ELIZABETH ??????
    ...See More

UPDATE: may obf swap abc's of gardening (2)

Q

Comments (122)
    Morning.. Joke for the day (ps my mother sent me this) ROSES & HANGING BASKETS A teenage granddaughter comes downstairs for her date with this see-through blouse on and no bra. Her grandmother just pitched a fit, telling her not to dare go out like that! The teenager tells her 'Loosen up Grams. These are modern times. You gotta let your rose buds show!' and out she goes. The next day the teenager comes down stairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on. The teenager wants to die. She explains to her grandmother that she has friends coming over and that it is just not appropriate.... The grandmother says, 'Loosen up, Sweetie. If you can show off your rose buds, then I can display my hanging baskets. Happy Gardening.
    ...See More

NEW: OBF MAY'S WHITE ELEPHANT SWAP

Q

Comments (370)
    I received my BINGO seed bags, I did not have this handy 2" by 3" size. It was a cliffhanger if the package would come, in the window between the back hoe and bulldozer leaving and me leaving. It did. The two named iris* are soaking their feet tonight, wondering where they are, trying to talk to the little tomato seedlings and learning to love the sound of "Chelsea Dagger". Shirley this is the clearest label on a package I ever saw. Thank you, thank you , thank you. *while you guys were wondering who's turn it is, I was winning the Books of the Bible game. Mary
    ...See More

OBF MAY SWAP: YUM STRAWBERRIES

Q

Comments (62)
    Susan - So thankful you guys are OK, sorry to hear about your community. Tornados are becoming more and more frequent. Such devastation after it is over. Tammy I received my strawberry pkg and loved it all. Amazing all the neat strawberry items everyone found for this swap. I use chap stick constantly so looking forward to a strawberry flavored one.. My vacation plans this Sept. is Arizona so I can use my luggage tag. Thanks again. Luggage Tag Chap Stick Fruit Crisps - these are yummy Incense Strawberry card - so creative Jayeanne - Susan Sent/Received Susan - Annie Sent/Received Margo - Jayeanne Sent/Received Tammy - Shirley Sent/Received Annie - Tammy Sent/Received Shirley - Margo Sent/Received Thanks to everyone who joined in this month and I know how busy the month of May is. Shirley
    ...See More
  • EricaBraun
    6 years ago

Happy Birthday Lisa!

• EricaBraun
    6 years ago

Beth -- Oh my goodness. I got your box today. Thank you so so much. I am absolutely ecstatic about the Dittany of Crete Oregano. Thank you also for the very cute humming bird house and the Sedum. Such a super package. A million thank yous.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Good Morning Girls,

Delicious Garden Candy packages being sent....

Partners SENT and RECEIVED thus far...

*Ishareflowers Lisa send to Margo....SENT

*Margo sends to Susan...SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Susan sends to Ishareflowers Lisa....SENT

*Ruth sends to Shirley...SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Shirley send to Ruth...SENT

*Jeanne sends to Paperfinch Lisa....SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Paperfinch Lisa sends to Jeanne....SENT

*Nicole send to Heidi...SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Heidi sends to Nicole...SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Beth sends to Erica...SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Erica sends to Beth...SENT

*Amy send to Annie....SENT/Part 1 RECEIVED

*Annie sends to Amy...Sending next week as Amy will not be home

For those of you who have won/will win game prizes.....prizes will be sent out next month, after this swap concludes. (Exception....I included Beth's prize for the Kentucky Derby in her FOTESS swap package)

*Kentucky Derby...Lisa (Paperfinch), Shirley and Ruth,

*"THIS" guessing game.... Lisa (ishare),

*The Preakness...Nicole, Jeanne, Margo

ALL OVER THE PLACE BINGO.....

Three fetches today on this glorious Friday......chosen just for you by the German Boy. BINGO anybody???? Off to check Amy's card......

37.The movie, "Terms Of Endearment" starring
    Shirley MacLaine (1983)

31. The movie, "Cinderella" (1950)

27. Dom Perry sings "No Shame" (2017)

Happy weekend to all....have fun and be SAFE!!

Annie

• bluee19
    6 years ago

TGIF 2 Everyone! I need one more word :)

• EricaBraun
    6 years ago

Here are some of my blooms today:

• sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

Erica, those are beautiful!

Jeanne

• smitties
    6 years ago

Update on the package Lisa sent to me. I checked the DC and it left royal oak, Mi yesterday and ended up going back there. It now says it was delayed but left royal oak at 9:33 tonight. I sure hope it gets to our post office by morning to be sorted and delivered or I won't see it til Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

I received my package from Lisa (Paperfinch) today. Thank you so much!

Lisa sent a wind chime, some candy that sounds delicious, lemon soap (smells devine), and a vanilla scented candle. Perfect fragrances for me and I appreciated your sweet note as well.

I hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend. Just the ordinary here, but that's okay.

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Good Day Girls,

Real quick.....Just walked in the door and have to head out again.....

ALL OVER THE PLACE BINGO....

I fetched for you....lucky for you, maybe, but maybe not!! Good Luck....BINGO anyone???

23. Queen Elizabeth

33. The movie, Mom's Night Out" (2014)

Until tomorrow!! Be safe and have fun!!

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I checked Ruth and Amy's BINGO cards........No BINGO and No BINGO...

Tata,

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Good Sunday Morning!!

I can know report on my Garden Candy package from Amy........and Garden Candy it is!! Very nice!!

*Seed bags

*Garden gloves

*Sunflower Chime....darling!

*Parisian post-its....I love these....they even have the Eiffel Tower on them. They are 3" x 2" approx...and are in a cool case!

*happy low cut socks with "Yeahh"....bright and cheery

*garden flag with Welcome and a bike on the ocean....I love garden flags in the yard!!

*tea and candy bars....my husband downed one of them on the spot, so I can tell you what it was...the other was a Kashi.

*Scent necklace in Tahician Vanilla....this is neat!

*Plants x3 ...Mystery Color Iris, Campanula Bellflower and Weeping Purple Butterfly Bush....will plant today....fun selection!!

Thanks so much Amy....you over did it!!! Eye Candy. Garden Candy, Feet Candy, Hands Candy, Scent Candy....ect all kinds of Candy for Annie. Love it all!!

All Over The Place Bingo.................

Lab Baby J fetched x 3 this morning.....J wants to know...does anybody have BINGO???? Just checked....Ruth and Amy do not have BINGO. If you have BINGO call it....

35. Denzel Washington....eye candy!

22. Hot Fudge Sunday with Whipped Cream, Nuts and a Cherry
    on top.....

47. The movie, "Mother" starring Albert
    Brooks/Debbie Reynolds (1996)

Happy day....

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

*Paperfinch Lisa sends to Jeanne....SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Amy send to Annie....SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Annie sends to Amy...Sending when Amy returns

• sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

One more pick from my list and I will have Bingo --- but I suspect someone will call out Bingo today. I had some catching up to do so I'm happy to just be one away.

As you know, I've been updating, replanting, etc. some of my garden areas. I planted these strawberry plants a few days ago and added the strawberry plates yesterday. It's now a strawberry dish garden! Anyway, I thought you might enjoy seeing it.

The plates were my mother's and just sitting out in the garage so I thought I would enjoy them more this way.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We just came back from working with my horses. Glad I got out there early. Later today will be brutal.

Jeanne

• ruthz
    6 years ago

Back from our trips and checking in. I'll try to catch up on bingo today. Gotta go shopping to make something for tomorrow's luncheon. Always go to the Memorial Service at Bluebonnet Hills Cemetery and lunch at our American Legion afterwards. I'll probably make something quick and easy like banana pudding.

Shirley, glad you like the rooting jars. If your like me, your always rooting something and I thought you could use these. They come in quiet a few different colors.

Beautiful flower pictures. I've missed a lot of my daylily blooms while I've been gone and today it's raining. Erica, what is the cute white bell shaped flower? Jeanne, nice way to enjoy the plates. Where do you keep your horses?

• brittneysgran
    6 years ago

Jeanne-The strawberry dishes is a great idea.

Ruth-The tracking number for your pkg. is 9505 5000 0308 7148 0000 29

Susan-Beautiful Asiatic lilies.

Erica-Beautiful blooms, I never tire of seeing everyone's gardens.

Shirley

• smitties
    6 years ago

I'm not sure what is going on with the package sent to me. I just checked the DC and it claims they attempted to deliver it yesterday but the receptacle was "blocked". We have a mailbox by the road and there is nothing that would block it. they usually deliver to the house so not sure who the last person is. I will go pick it up Tuesday morning. I so do not like our post office.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Happy Day OBFERS,

WOW....no BINGO was called!! I thought for sure a couple of you would have called the B word.

The German Shepherd Boy has fetched this morning.......inquiring minds want to know....does anyone have BINGO?????

25. The movie, "Mamma Mia" starring Meryl Streep
    (2008)

5. National Dance Like A Chicken Day, May 14

Ruth, hope you had a wonderful getaway!!!!

Jeanne, LOVE the dinner plates in the garden.....I am going to do the same....fantastic idea!!

Margo, the USPS.....I can never figure them out!!

Hope you all are enjoying this day with family and friends....and let us remember those men and women in the military who died while serving our country!

Annie

• skyblue52
    6 years ago

Dang Gone Dogs U R killing me . Enjoy all we are given in this great USA.

• skyblue52
    6 years ago

I just had to check the tracking. It said the package was delivered sat. to Lisa front porch. Yea. I know she is busy. She has a plant trade coming up . So I included a bag of spring bulbs for trading. She proably has bingo , since she hasn't been on here since Monday. Lets see if my special word comes up tomorrow.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    6 years ago

Good morning Ladies,

I'm sorry for going MIA. I went away for a couple of days and I have been busy in the garden trying to get ready for my plant swap.

SKY, I'll head over to my elderly neighbors house and ask if he grabbed my box for me. He's great about watching for my packages. He even opens them and waters them for me IF I tell him I'm expecting a box from a GW member/trade.

Erica, Love the Asiatic lily!

I'll post again later.

I need 1 more bingo!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Good day Girls,

*Annie sends to Amy...Sending when Amy returns

Baby J has done some fetching this morning.....and they are some goodies....After today's fetches, there are only three yummies left in the bowl. Ruth is back from her vacation, so I will not check her card....off to check Amy's card. BINGO anybody?????

50. Patrick Demsey....eye candy!

48. Butter Rum Cannoli

• skyblue52
    6 years ago

bingo------ butter rum cannoli

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo....BINGO for Susan with Butter Rum Cannoli!!!! And guess what...Annie is calling BINGO for Amy....the very delicious yummy Patrick Dempsey put Amy over the top!! Anybody else.....look at your darn BINGO cards. Call it anytime!! We just might have a few more winners.

Must run!!

• bluee19
    6 years ago

I still need one more word!

Congrats to the bingo winners!!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    6 years ago

I still needed witchy woman before I could yell BINGO!

Congrats to Susan and Amy!

My neighbor had my box and he made sure that everything was well watered.

Susan PACKED and I mean packed a great box, the box weighed a ton. Susan sent...

black eyed susan bush

heuchera caramel- this is one of my favorites and I have just the right spot to add another!

lollipop lily

a baggie with tulip bulbs-purissma. I don't have any tulip bulbs because the damn critters. I'm going to try to plant these with something like screening around them for protection.

a baggie with Mixed bulbs - hyacinth white star, I don't have these! I cant read what the other one is. Susan?

a mini hosta - surfer girl.{ this will make it's way into my memory garden}, my friend Debbie loved the beach!

chocolate covered sunflower seeds. These will be put out for my swap guests to snack on.

4 adorable bright flowery coasters. These too will be used the day of my swap

last but not least a package of slow release fertilizer.

Thanks so much for sharing your garden with me, I couldn't have asked for a better package!

Margo, I hope your package comes soon. Please let me know when your settled in your new home so I can follow up with some plant goodies.

Annie, as usual you hosted a great swap. Thank you!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Good Morning!!

*Susan sends to Ishareflowers Lisa....SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Erica sends to Beth...SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Annie sends to Amy...Sending after Amy returns

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Package Tracking updates.....

Looks like Ruth should receive tomorrow, June 1

Looks like Margo's was delivered yesterday. She said she was going to the PO yesterday to pick up.I hope the package was their for her to pick up!

Beth has to go to PO to pick up her stuff.....need to check to see if Erica's package to Beth was delivered....I think there is a tracking # on the first thread.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Just checked to see of Beth received Erica's package at PO.....it says it was delivered to Beth's parcel locker on Friday, May 26.....I don't know if she has picked it up yet. Beth.....did you go on vacation???? Please post!!!!!!

Thanks,

Annie

• skyblue52
    6 years ago

Oh the beautiful colors of peonies. I am lusting the fushia purple. And I can smell them as I look at mine dried up in vases. Summer is here and I am picking up 200 lbs of planting soil to finish up my community garden. I hope to get it all planted tomorrow.Now to get all the labels done.

My home garden is my playground.. I start out there and never get done.

Fun month. Kept me on edge with the bingo.

• beth_b_kodiak
    6 years ago

.Package received fine.Jack picked it up for me. Sorry for the delay....I've been on the sick list most of the month and think I'll be glad to see it end. Erica sent a package of books and a "stained glass" garden ornament.Excellent choices considering how I have been feeling.

NO holes to dig and I can enjoy them over and over. The book on the right is about the meanings of the flower names and adorable illustrations by Kate Greenway. I's precious. Thanks so much Etica for Eye Candy for inside and out. Perfect.........

• beth_b_kodiak
    6 years ago

OOOPS, sorry Erica, spelling/typing goof

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    6 years ago

Geez, I'm sorry Susan. There was an Aussie tomato plant also. I had put it in the greenhouse because it was already potted up. Thank you again!

• beth_b_kodiak
    6 years ago

quick plant offer: I have nice healthy seedling of Baptisia Australis.

Love it's Mama but no room for another plant this size. If you are interested for trade or postage please speak up soon.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Beth, be well!! I always question whether items have really been delivered to PO boxes or not......to many times they have said at the USPS website that the package has been delivered and then the package is not to be found. So glad you got your stuff.

Margo did you find your package at the PO? Ruth should be getting hers today. I am planning on sending to Amy on Monday.

This swap is almost a wrap.....

Happy day!

Annie

• brittneysgran
    6 years ago
    Beth, I would love to have the baptisia, what would you like in return?
  • smitties
    6 years ago

Oh my goodness. Annie, I'm so glad you asked about my package. I did pick it up and did post the other day but something happened to it. I also messaged Lisa and it sounds like she didn't get that either. Darn cell phone. Hopefully this time it will post. We've been so busy with the sale of our house, I haven't had a chance to check in since.

I did get to the post office and apparently the driver missed the package Tuesday when on her route so randomly coded that the mail box was obstructed. How silly. Thoughtful Lisa sent me cash so I can get something for my new gardens when we move. I thought that was a really thoughtful gesture. Thank you I will post what I decide to get when I'm ready.

Tomorrow is inspection here at our house. We will then do the final contract. Wish us luck. Once I know we are for sure moving, I'll post a pic.

Thank you again Lisa and I'm sorry my post is so late. Hopefully someone will let me know this indeed does post.

Thank you Annie for another great swap. Margo

• ruthz
    6 years ago

Received my package from Shirley today.

Shirley sent,

A really cute owl birdhouse

Chinese Lantern plant, new to me.

Egyptian walking onions. Love these.

Loaves and Fishes daylily complete with scrapes and buds and on my want list for a long time. I love Emmerich daylilies and this is my first one. Thank you so much.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    6 years ago

Margo, I did not get a message but I'm happy to hear the package made it to you. Please let me know when your settled in so I can follow up with some plant goodies!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Good Morning OBFERS,

Except for my sending to Amy, we have completed the Garden Candy task for the month of May. Amy, I am planning on sending to you on Monday. Let me know if that works good for you. I will post after prizes for the month of May have been sent. Always a pleasure having fun with you girls.....

*Ishareflowers Lisa send to Margo....SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Susan sends to Ishareflowers Lisa....SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Shirley send to Ruth...SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Erica sends to Beth...SENT/RECEIVEDXXXX

*Annie sends to Amy...Sending after Amy returns....planning on Monday, June 5

Happy Friday!! Happy June!!

Annie

• smitties
    6 years ago

Thank you Annie!!!!!

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Annie, Thank you so much for watching my bingo card, I can't believe I won. We had a very nice trip in Florida and got back late last night. My husbands mom is not well but we were so happy to see her and had a wonderful time with family. What great packages and what a wonderful theme this month. Thank you so much Annie! Take care, Amy

• brittneysgran
    6 years ago

Wonderful boxes received this month, thank you Annie for yet another great swap month. Congrats also to all the winners of the games.

Ruth-I tried one more time today to send the picture to my e-mail address and BINGO it worked.

I now have the plants planted so can't wait to see them growing.

• ruthz
    6 years ago

Another great swap Annie. Thank you.

Good picture Shirley. I love clear colored glass for rooting plants.

Forgot to mention how jealous I am that you get to live in NC all the time. We just spent a few days in Maggie Valley and loved it. Perfect weather, beautiful flowers and scenery. Hubby is ready to spend months at a time there when he retires. Lots of campgrounds to choose from.

I just posted some Westbourne's on the Daylily forum and someone posted that Mary Jane had passed away. You probably already knew this, but I had not heard the sad news and wanted to share in case you didn't know.

Here's a few Westbourne's bloomimg today.

Cream of the Crop

Piggy Pen

Granny's Snuff Box, I think

Westbourne Kirby Indian Hertiage, blooming yesterday

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Annie, thank you for the spectacular "Garden Candy"! I love everything! My fun confetti filled box has two beautiful daylilies and a healthy ornamental pepper. Also, adorable fairy ,toad stools and garden rocks. Annie, you must have read my mind that I wanted to make a little fairy garden! Thank you so much for garden shears. I don't have any and they will be great! I am going to try the delicious looking mustard tonight on my sandwich and love the summer napkins and yummy candies for dessert. I will also be reading the sunset magazine with lots of great ideas! I appreciate my box so much and all the thought you put in it. Thank you again, Amy

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

OBFERS, I sent out most of the little prizes on June 16th.......in my little note to each of you, I asked that you email or PM me that you received. I have been gone and just checked all of my messages....Shirley, Susan, Ruth, Lisa (Ishare), Lisa (paperfinch) did you receive???? Do not post here...send me an email or PM. Jeanne, your little prize did not go out. I will send with your FOTESS JUNE package which will go out this week. Beth, I sent yours in your swap package last month.

Thanks much!

Annie

• ruthz
    6 years ago

My bad, sent you a PM.