SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

First time housecleaning - the verdict is in

Bunny
6 years ago

Yes, yes, yes, oh yes!!!

OMG!!! I'm a believer. Never has $100 of my hard-earned cash been so well spent.

Floors, baseboards (!!!), dusting, upholstery, kitchen appliances, bathrooms. Everything so nice and fresh and clean. And I didn't have to do it myself. I would have put that in all caps but board etiquette constrains me from shouting.

I'm glad this time I put my cats in the spare bedroom and told them to just leave it for today. I put their food, water and litter boxes in there so they didn't need to be cleaned around. My cats hate the vacuum and it was very noisy. After the cleaners left, I opened the door, and both cats were under the covers, a wise response to the chaos outside the door. They are now inspecting every square inch. They say, "where did all our fur go?"

I gave the owner a house key. My trust level is high and the same team works at my neighbor's across the street, so they have a good track record. My regular time will be 8:00 a.m. and I said if they ever get a later time slot to let me know. Fortunately I'm an early riser and if the time never changes, I can deal with it.

Nothing seems rearranged.

Before they got here I swept through, removing throws and small cotton rugs here and there. It's laundry day! I also rigorously decluttered, leaving only a few things behind. I think I can relax a bit for next time. Now the challenge is to remember where I stashed everything.

Thanks all for your encouragement and suggestions. I am so happy I finally pulled the trigger on this. Yay Yesenia and Hilda!!!

Comments (37)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor