Houzz Logo Print
pippiep

Continuing with MBR, design phase only!

pippiep
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My previous thread

LOVE the rug. SO MUCH.

My goal: light, soothing bedroom. As in, not heavy. We have big, heavy, dark furniture, and we're not changing it out. I want to add elements that lighten it up. I started painting a sample of BM Silver Marlin, which will be dry later today.

I saw my bird roman shade fabric today in the more neutral colorway in person (link), and I like it better than the one I used. Oh well. I had shown him the more neutral one online (after showing him an in-person sample of what I ended up using), and he preferred the contrast of the gray birds. If I'd brought the lighter sample home, he would've vetoed it right away.

I do plan to replace all the lamps with what we talked about in my other thread.

I'm also thinking about replacing the mirror over the dresser to a smaller wall-hung mirror. My husband LOVES the mirror, but I might be able to convince him to move it elsewhere in the house. What kind of mirror can I put there? I have a few in my Master Bedroom ideabook if you want to take a look!

I'm also intrigued by the mirror-above-nightstand look, instead of artwork over the bed, or maybe with small artwork. My husband is open to mirrors there, but worries we'll make our long bedroom look even longer.

Husband's grandma crocheted [ETA] the runner on the dresser... it will be hard to relocate, but I might try. I do want to clear off the whole space.

Mirrors here, or no? I strongly dislike sunburst-style mirrors, so won't use those.

Thanks!

Comments (7)