SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kazmom1

Laundry room remodel question

kazmom
6 years ago

I want to finish the basement laundry area in our new house. The adjacent space is unfinished storage and the area for the furnace/ac/water heater (finished basement beyond and will be connected by door).

When I look at this area it feels to me like we need to wall off the utility area and move the sink out a few feet (with drywall behind, and putting in a sink base with good sink). That will cause me to move the washer dryer down about two feet ( we will cut off the wooden storage shelves and make a wall there).

My questions - how hard/expensive will it be to move the piping and drain for the sink and washer dryer over/out a foot or two to accommodate this? Do you see another way to make this work better?

i have attached pictures starting looking to the left of the entry door and moving clockwise through the room so you can get a feel for the space. I am thinking the laundry room would end just before the window in the last picture, and there would be a door to the storage area there, however in the picture in my head that puts the door to the storage room right in from of the washer/dryer.

Comments (4)