SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weriov

Help Sourcing Moro Blood Orange in Central FL?

Will
7 years ago

Hi everyone - I've been trying for several years now to source a Moro blood orange here in the Orlando area, but to no avail. Every now and then I'll see a ten- or twenty-gallon tree pop up at a local home center, but my issue is that I'm in a small apartment setting and just don't have room for that size tree; whatever I buy will need to be container-grown for the foreseeable future, and I've been trying to find something no larger than three gallons.

My best local citrus nursery (Pokey's in Zellwood) doesn't have anything smaller than five gallons, and searches at other nurseries and home centers have come up empty. I've also called Record Buck Farms (who supplies most of our local home-center citrus) and they told me that they rarely, if ever, do three-gallon blood oranges of any variety anymore. Finally, I've searched everywhere I can think of for a place that would let me take a couple cuttings to try and root, but I've completely struck out there too. If I could import from another state, I would, but obviously that's not an option.

At this point, I'm out of ideas. Has anyone in this area had any luck finding one of these little gems, or does anyone have a bright idea as to where else I might try? Thanks!

Comments (13)