SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emy_suarez

Advise on PB out here in Nassau LI, NY

Emy Suarez
7 years ago

Hello! Planning an IG pool 9x26x13 (small pool). The PB i am in contact with does not provide references. He feels he doesn't want to inconvenient his customers. Is this a red flag already? His company has good rating on BBB, his listed on APSP, and has current license, no current or pending complaints. But does not have any reviews online except one negative on yelp. Two positive reviews on Google and no review on FB. I am hoping someone here can help recommend a reputable PB.
1)Here is his package:
Permits/Plans - upto $500 included
Excavation - including cart away
Step 8' steel/vinyl covered extra fill
Pump - HW MaxFlo VSP
Filter - HW 4030 Cartridge
Skimmers - 2 HW 1084
Returns - 2-Pool 2-Step
Main drain - none
Pipe 2" Rigid PVC sch 40 with sweep fittings
Extrusion - aluminum
3000 psi Concrete collar
Pool Alarms, Rope, and Floats, equipment Slab - included
Lights - 2 HW 320 accent LED color changing
Hand trowel Sand Botton
SWG - HW T-15 cell extended with salt balance
Summerize '17 included
Winterize '17 included
Cover with waterbags
Manual cleaning kit
total $20,900
will credit $900 if can access through back/church lot (without having to have rehandling)
extra: Sharvac with caddy $1k
Hard Bottom $1,800
Do you think if I request to include the sharkvac, hard bottom and request to have 2 main drain for $21,000 insulting?
He claims his business has been around for 20yrs. I don't see it on his website. No store.
Chemical Start-Up
3 step Steel Ladder
Dual Maindrains
Oversized Filter HW Swimclear
Oversize Pump - VS MaxFlo
Solid Poly Winter Cover
SWG - Auto Pilot
Pool Alarm
Maintenance Kit
Underwater Light 1 LED
Built-in fiberglass Step
Automatic cleaner Robotic Aquaclean Plus
Plans & Permits (Fee up to $300)
Electrical Package up to 60'
uses Flex pipe---He swears by it that this will not be eaten by termites and he would not built pool without it.
$23,990
This company been around since 1968 and they have a store.
Heard two good reviews from Yelp who actually replied to me.
Note: does not pour cement around the Wall.
Excavation with soil removal up to 3 feet around entire pool. Fine sand/hard bottom shallow end. Final backfill and rough grade, permit fees, engineer and architect plans up to $250. Poured concrete 3500 psi walls with horizontal and vertical rebar. Lifetime warranty (wall).
*8' Acrylic Step*500 Watt light 1*Bottom Returns*3-Step S.S. Ladder*Ropes & Floats
*Skimmers (2)*Returns (4)*Manual Vac Set Up*1 1/2 -2HP VSP (i was just told Jandy)
*1/4 Foam Padding (I don't think this is necessary if am getting the Steel wall?)
*Start Up chemicals*Winter Cover and Bags*Aluminum Extrusion*Automatic Chlorinator (is this necessary if am getting SWG?)*2" Plumbing schedule 40*Shallow End Hard Botton/ actually he'll do my entire pool hard bottom - I am confuse here*Open/Close*DEV 38 (Jandy) Poured cement liner covered step $1,100,Auto Pilot $2,100 (would probably ask to switch to All Jandy)
Polaris 9350 $1200
Pool $17,500
=21,900 + 2600 (electrical)
Reference was great.
Which one should I go with? What should I be concern about? Any thoughts and advise would be much appreciated.

Comment