SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anna_walker2249945

Hey, Marble countertop owners!

Anna Walker
6 years ago

My hubs and I bought a fixer-upper on some acreage last fall, and we're just about to finalize the kitchen and order cabinets! For the last 6 months I have read every.single.thread on here about carrara marble, and every.single.post possible online about marble countertop. I have poured over EVERYTHING - I am entirely aware of the etching problem and the potential to chip.

The problem is I just LOVE marble. LOVE. It really sings to me. I got a small sample of marble from a countertop company and it has sat next to my current kitchen sink for months and I just stare at it, and feel like hugging it at times. :)

My current kitchen company is trying HARD to talk me out of it (for real, every single person has tried to talk me out of it), but the cabinet company is swearing I'll hate them, have them ripped out, etc.

I love the warm, lived-in look of marble, the softness, the textural impact. This may be my only time to ever get to totally pick my own kitchen...I really, truly want marble.

So, marble-lovers...tell me you're still happy with your countertops, etching and all? Would you do it over again? Do you regret the choice?

My heart just loves marble...I kind of feel like if I chose something else, even though it'd be insanely more durable, I would never be as happy, and still long for marble.

help me! :)

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations