SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_389497

Seedlings with spots/curl

Stu Zone 7a NY
7 years ago

I would appreciate if someone can help me identify a couple issues I have with my seedlings this year. They are growing indoors at 75f and I am growing 5 varieties. 3 of the 5 look very healthy and are ready to go out to the garden. As I pulled out trays to place outside to start the hardening off process I noticed a couple leaf problems.

The Red Brandywine have these yellow spots forming on the older leaves. The young ones seem to be green.
The Amish Paste tomatoes leaves have all curled up and stems are drooping. They also seem to be a bluish green color. This is my first year growing these though so don't know if that color is normal?

All my tomatoes are being watered the same- every other day- and getting the same light- 12 hours now.

I have been looking through all the nutrient deficiencies I can find and have only come up with possible Mag deficiency on the Amish tomatoes? Maybe just not enough water? Hoping the spots on the Brandywine are not a disease. It sure looks like the late blight I see at the end of the season with these- not when they are seedlings!

Everything was planted in Johnny's seed starting mix, and everything is in 4" round pots now. Last week I applied Neptunes fish and seaweed to everything (tablespoon per gallon).

Appreciate any help!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals