SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jdpyn2

Some time lapse photos

John 9a
6 years ago

I was looking through some my citrus photos today. I didn't find what I was looking for but I was floored by how much some of my trees have grown and how photos help us see that our trees really are growing even if it seems like a snail's pace for some of them.

The "taken on" date really helps find out when trees were planted and how old they are now.

Here is one that struck me....I posted it some years back for some reason and added an arrow showing a very young kumquat tree. Closer in the foreground are two newly planted Satsuma oranges. All of the broken limbs on trees in the background and all the branches on the ground are debris from Hurricane Rita that came through my county in 2005 when the photo was taken.

Here is another photo from about the same angle taken in 2014. The little kumquat is now obscured by the two Satsumas in the foreground. I have also completely remodeled my house and added a big garage in the foreground.

I will try to add a current photo from the same spot. The two Satsumas have grown a LOT since this photo was taken.

I will try to edit this post and add the recent photo below.

Here is another photo set that makes me wonder how this tree will look in another few years. This is a tangerine I planted in a raised bed. In background left, there is a newly planted Ponderosa lemon.

Here is August 2014

Comments (16)