SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vanessa_martocchio

Some suggestions on what to replace this maple tree with

Hi, so I am all throughout these forum with questions about different areas of my yard lol. But now where we are cutting this tree down this week most likely, I'd like to have a replacement tree for this area so I get it in the ground before the weather gets too hot. I live in Central MA which is considered zone 5b/6 depending on which site I check my zone in. I want something faster growing, ornamental value a must! I want seasonal interest with height around 20'-30' and a good wide spread of around 15' or so...weeping characteristics would be nice, but not a necessity. I've considered 'Prarie Fire' crabapple, weeping pink cherry, and eastern redbud... but don't want to fuss over it too much if it's a type that's susceptible to disease etc. so please give some ideas would love to know what you think...also please note I have tri colored beech trees growing outside of the fence, they've been there for around 4 years now and they seem the same exact size as they were when planted..so I need something that is going to shoot up rather quickly because I'm rather impatient and sick of having twigs for trees..I already have a flowering kousa dogwood tree...which I like, but again seems a little to slow of a grower for me. Here is the tree I'm removing and the area the new one will go...I'm on a corner lot, on a dead end Rd, with a cut through road on the other side of my house that everyone turns down, while my house being upon a slope with huge picture windows for everyone to look into as they turn up the street..so something that would provide a little screening would be nice as well

Comments (14)