SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coffeebuild

Can I build for under 180k?

coffeeBuild
7 years ago

We are currently selling our house and not able to find anything we really like on the market. We thought to take a look at building a home to see if it would be a possibility for us. We are in northeastern Wisconsin and want to stay at under 180k with home, land and anything else needed. Is this possible to do in our area? I have looked at home builders and it seems that their prices would begin in the low 200's before even purchasing land which would be more than we want to spend. After doing some reading online I see many people who have built homes way cheaper which is what led me here to find out more information.

I have been trying to do research but not finding a lot of where to begin and how to go about this whole process. Our only needs we would want with the home are to have at least 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a basement and attached garage.

I know we would need to find land, get utilities to the land and get the home built. What options do you have to do this for cheaper than a general home builder would charge? If this would be something we could pursue, what would be the steps to get this whole process going and make into a reality?

Thanks in advance for any information that could be given!

Comments (12)