SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tye22tye

What kind of safe fertilizer can I use for potted fruit bushes/trees?

tye22tye
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I am thinking a 10-10-10 would be good but can someone recommend a safe brand to buy? I just need something in granule form that is somewhat of an all pupose fertilizer that I can easily apply to the top of the soil. This would be for potted fig, blueberry, raspberry, peach, pomegranite, pear. The trees will be in pots until the roots grab and I may plant them this fall. I see tons of brands of fertilizers in the store and I am very nervous about what to use since we will consume the fruit eventually. I was annoyed because there was a brand called "organic" and I was about to purchase until I realized that was just the brand name and at the bottom of the bag it said "not for use in organic gardens". We never know what we are buying anymore. Hopefully someone can advise. Thank you.

In case anyone is interested about my experience of my fruit tree order:

I ordered 3 figs and 1 Elberta peach from "Rolling River Nursery" on 4/14/17. Order did not even ship out until 4/26/17 and apparently will be arriving 5/3/17. I am not sure how it takes almost two weeks just to process the order. They ship UPS 6-10 days from Oakland, California which is a long time in a box. Also I am worried about that Nuclear spill in Japan if it would have affected these plants. Yes I'm parranoid maybe someone can gove some reassurance. On 4/24/17 I ordered a Redhaven peach from Starkbros. They processed the order in a day or so and I received from fedex today 4/28/17 and it was only $9 shipping. I will most likely order from them again. The Redhaven peach came in a nice box with the roots still moist wrapped in newspaper and plastic. Tree was as described and looks healthy. Rolling river's return policy states that if the plants come seriously damaged or dead you need to notify them within a week and they will replace them with the customer paying shipping. Starkbros gives you one year and will refund or replace if you are not satisfied. I will probably never order from Rolling River Nursery again and wish I had just ordered everything from Starkbros to begin with :(

Comments (20)