SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippiep

Want to help with my MBR?

pippiep
7 years ago

I'm ready to start tackling my master bedroom now that the shades are done. I'm attaching a rough floor plan with my current furniture and furniture that I'd like to add. Measurements might be off by a few inches, but not too much. BTW, I now love Excel for doing this!

I will probably go look at rugs tomorrow; I'm wondering if I should do two small rugs next to each side of the bed and one larger rug in the middle of the room, or a medium rug that extends under the bed that meets the other large rug, or just a really, really big rug that sits under the bed and also extends into the room.

And... a wall of paint samples that all look the same. I know I'll have to figure the paint out on my own because the colors don't show correctly on the screen.

The furniture is staying, except for the chair in the corner that I'd like to switch out for a comfy chaise, and the metal shelving that I have the TV components on. I'm not sure what to do with the TV. It's on top of a tall bureau now, which is too tall for watching. We don't watch much, maybe once every month or two, but I like having it there so I can snuggle my kids in bed while we watch a movie. I also want to be able to watch from the chaise.

Floor lamps can change, though the nightstand lamps are newish. I already moved out a Tiffany-style floor lamp that was getting to me -- too matchy/matchy with the mission-style furniture.

I'd love to change out the bed for an upholstered bed, but right now husband says no. The bedding can change.

I need art. The monkey needs to go somewhere else. I'm from NYC and grew up on the beach, so I'd like some NYC and beach art. Not B&W photos, though. At the bottom of this post are some pieces I love from a local artist.

We hope to replace the carpet with hardwood (DIY) someday. Windows are south and east facing (bed is on north wall). We are in New England. The room generally gets a lot of light.

THANK YOU!!

Comments (118)