SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonitapplebum

Dishwashers - Bosch, Samsung, GE

bonitapplebum
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I need a dishwasher for my kitchen remodel and need some help picking out between three models.

I haven't used a dishwasher very much but I'd like to make it a habit after the kitchen is done. So I have been looking at a few features as I shop, in order of priority:

1. leak detection and shutoff

2. silent, dba less than 50

3. third rack for cutlery

4. Zones for washing, because sometimes I only have a few dishes

5. Fully integrated or panel option

6. hard waste disposal (seems like this is a great plus, what do you think?)

I have stainless steel appliances in a matte finish. The dishwashers I have found that work with the above features list are:

1. Samsung DW80K5050US: This is the cheapest of the three. It has all of the features in my list, except the 3rd rack.

2. GE GDT695SSJSS: Has all of the features on my list, except instead of a leak detection and shutoff, it only has a leak pan that collects the water.

3. Bosch 300: Has all of the features on my list, except hard disposal

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the ones I have listed? What other less than 1K dishwashers should I look at?

I have read a lot about Bosch dishwashers, and people seem to love them. They're also a little pricier than the Samsung models and do not have a hard disposal. Why are the Bosch dishwashers so loved? Do they last longer? Feel nicer?

Comments (15)