SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jewels_ks

Bad News/Good News

jewels_ks
7 years ago

On Saturday my mom called me to tell me some news. My brother's ex passed away on 12/31/16 and him and his gf (Jessica )have been raising his two kids. They all came over on Easter and we discussed about them always being sick. Jessica recently lost her RN job and was waiting table at a bar. My mom was on the way to my db house when he called them to tell them that Jessica had passed away. My mom and step dad got there right when the police and ambulance got there. My mom overheard my db telling the police that she had been using heroin. My mom took the 3 year old and 11 year old was at another grandpa's house. I tried getting a hold of my db on Saturday, but he texted me and said he would call me later. On Sunday morning me and my husband went to my db house because no one could get a hold of him. Jessica's father arrived right before us and was at the door. It took 3 times of knocking before my db came to the door. He was pretty out of it and there were drugs/needles on tables and shelves. It was so hard to keep my self contained! After Jessica's dad left, I asked my db if he needed to go to the hospital, but he didn't want to. I told him that I was taking his kids and he could not have them back until he was better. I told him that I am not doing him a favor, but I am keeping his kids safe. He was suppose to spend the night at our house, but he texted my mom and said he wasn't going to. I took my nephew to school today and stopped by his house on the way to pick him up from school. My db actually seemed sober, and had two friends there that were cleaning the house (which was a huge mess). I told my brother again today that his kids are not coming back for a while.

My nephew, some how, is the best kid! He is polite and smart and his teachers love him. He was on the honor roll and won a Citizenship award just a few weeks ago. This week I am going with him to an open house at his new school for next year, going to an all district art show that he is in, and a field trip to WSU. He has been through so much in his short life.

I hope that my db can get his life together and not end up with losing his kids or dying.

Comments (25)