SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rezhen_mohamadamin

I have a question for fruitnut and/or gardengal/melikeeatplants

Ray Jeff
7 years ago

I'm not sure how to navigate on this site but I wanted to ask a question to a question to the superstars of this site. Gardengal, melikeeatplants, and fruitnut as well as any other superstar that I haven't mentioned. I made a post recently regarding my concern with my blueberries. Please give me any input or advice. I would really appreciate it :-) i included a photo to my post and will try to on this post by my blueberry plants are growing new shoots and they're all greenish red and eventually turn fully red. I fertilized them on first day of spring with acid fertilizer. They have flowers blooming but I'm just not sure if it's normal as I read and hear different things. I also sent photos to the garden hotline and they told me theyre totally fine but I just need more opinion on what to do. I also bought ammonium salfate but am nervous to use it as I just fertilized them and don't want to overdue. I'm also thinking about spreading fresh coffee ground every 2 weeks. I don't want to use battery acid as its to risky for me. Also I was thinking about vinegar and water. The soil are acidic enough. On one raised bed, I used sand, peat, pine bark and even used soil made for acid plants, on the container ones, I used pine bark, peat moss and perlite,. And on my other raised beds i ordered a few yards of top soil mix containing loam, sand, and 30 percent steer gro. The steer gro is compost with sawdust and they told me that it's fine to plant blueberries in there. Half of my big raised bed is that mix and the other half is gardener and bloom acid potting mix. Sorry if this is too long and boring but I really appreciate it. Thx

Comments (40)