SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coriannh0uzzviolatedmyprivacy

Foliage before the spring flush

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I really do love pretty foliage. Marlorena posted some luscious foliage photos in the antique rose forum (http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/4574058/foliage-onlyif-you-like-it?n=11) and I thought I would continue to post a few more here since most of these are not antiques. One of the great things about all this dreary weather and rain is the healthy, beautiful foliage. Here are some photos from my yard before the spring flush...

Pretty Lady Rose. Look how big the leaves are! Perfect shade of emerald green.

WWII Memorial Rose. Lots of purple and red foliage, seems to stay purple and red the longest out of all the roses in my yard.

Summer Romance. Bright green with red veining... as though it is an outline drawn on perfectly.

Madame Anisette. The foliage is so perfect on these two it honestly looks plastic.

Peter Mayle on the far right with the olive and burgundy foliage. Melody Parfumee to the left, bumped out a bit from the stone wall, lots of buds... then those two Madame Anisette to the left and a couple others beyond that.

Nahema. Wavy leaves, but a very pretty combo of olive and emerald green. The Little Prince to the left.

Heathcliff with all those buds in the foreground. Don Juan climbing with foliage as red as the blooms in the background. 5 ft tall Lacy Phacelia with fern-y foliage and purple curly blooms all around.

Love Song standard. Another with lovely, large, emerald green foliage. A few nibbles out of it. An annual peony poppy bud is nodding to the left. It's a strange, long stem growth with weedy, kale looking foliage, but I am excited to see it bloom.

Raspberry Cream Twirl. Lots of different shades of green on this one. Just a couple of bare root sticks a couple months ago. Climbing enthusiastically.

Tess of the D'Urbervilles. Lots of buds. Emerald and olive foliage. More of the fern-y Lacy Phacelia (annual companion plant) all around.

Comments (11)