SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Spring Vegan Dish

Funkyart
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have been asked to bring a salad and a vegan dish to a party this weekend. It is somewhat restricted because this niece is kind of new to vegan (she's been on a number of very restrictive eating plans lately-- sometimes gluten free, sometimes dairy free. I am refraining from the eyeroll that wants to come out). She doesn't like beets or eggplant, any other veggie is ok. Personally, I don't use "fake meat".

I'd prefer something that is a little more substantial.. I'd thought about making the wild rice salad Mtn has share a few times with nuts and fruits. Also considering a pesto chickpea salad... but without parmesan, I think it might be lacking something idk.

I had an amazing heirloom tomato panzanella the other day which would be great-- but the heirloom tomatoes are key and I am not sure I will be able to find them this early in the season.

So, you see, I am all over the place. Looking for some good ideas. Only one of the guests is vegan so something with general appeal would be good. Other dishes are pretty casual.. leaning towards picnic: pulled bbq beef sandwiches, our family no mayo potato salad + whatever I bring. It can be warm or cold.

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH