SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valalvax

Meyer lemon lost all leaves, maybe rotten roots?

Valalvax
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have two meyers that have been in the exact same environment since we got them (both go inside, outside at the same time)

One lost most of its leaves a month or so ago, while the other was thriving, a week or so ago it lost the last leaves, and I don't know what the heck to do, I pulled both trees out and the soil is soaking wet all the way through, though they haven't been watered in a bit over a week... should I pull them out, wash the planting soil off of them and replant them in a better material? I know there's the one mix talked about on here, but not confident in my ability to properly mix it, or find the right stuff... is there any source for pre-mixed stuff?

Also, on the leafless tree, there are some brown dead-looking branches, are they dead? Should they be cut off?

As far as the roots, posts about root rot refer to a smell, I didn't really smell anything, but did notice that the roots seemed... soft, and the soil was full of smaller broken roots, along with some medium sized roots

Comments (12)