SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannm2021

NEED HELP FROM THE PROS identifying puckered leaves on meyer lemon!

Jan
8 years ago

Hi there, I am new to this forum and this is my first post! but have been learning and reading along for a long time and have learned lots from meyermike, al, and all of you wonderful helpful ppl here!! Ive grown so much since then and have successfully overwintered a couple meyer lemons here in cold wet british columbia when i have not been able to in the past =) thanks to all of you of course! I have a question on one of my meyers, I bought it last summer and found it completely full of scales and rotten roots. So i quickly put it in an unscreened 511 unfortunately since it was already on the decline, and i basically had to cut off some compacted roots, it completely defoliated and did nothing for a couple months until october when i noticed little tiny shoots appearing everywhere and I was just over the moon! however a month into it and the shoots have turned black almost like its completely dried out and fallen off even before turning into leaves and the ones that have opened up are very small and they are all puckered and wrinkled but are still hanging on. I have looked with a magnifying glass for leaf miner trails and i couldnt find any, ive also looked for scales, and aphids but have not found any. I use the wooden dowel method to check for when to water and my other meyer is doing well with the same treatment and also use foliage pro for both. I feel like im doing everything right but cant figure out what bug this is! somebody help!!

Comments (7)