SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahmcgregoruk

Help save my plumeria!!!

sarahmcgregoruk
7 years ago

I do so help I can get some good advice to help save my frangipanis.

I have two plants which I have had for 5 years.. they have only flowered once (probably not enough fertilizer) but every summer they have healthy leaves and grow. So normally we keep them inside over winter but stupidly this winter we left them out in the garden. That is why the tips have turned black and the stems have rotted I assume. I live in north west Spain with fairly mild winters with no frost. But we do have the cold tramuntana wind.

So I have cut back all the brown rotted stems and have cut back to where its green and white inside and the sap comes out. I have two healthy stem cuttings which im hoping I can save and re-grow. I have read that I need to let them dry out first before I pot them, but do I need to seal the top cut with a sealant? Where does the new growth come from, the sides of the stem?

What do I do with the base stem that I have cut? Does it need to be sealed or covered with something to stop it drying out? Will it grow again?

I would apreciate any advice. One plant we brought back from Bali as a cutting from our honeymoon so would be sad to lose it!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio