SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desolation_wilderness

Cambria Devon splotchiness (resin pooling)

J L
7 years ago

I recently had my countertops installed. The design is Cambria Devon (from the Dessert Collection). It is covered all over with little pools of resin that leave the overall appearance of splotchiness (see below pictures). I can't imagine that it is supposed to look this way. After similar issues that I ran across, I asked one of their premier dealers if this particular design was uniform and if they encountered spottiness on their Cambria slab orders. They said it was supposed to be uniform and they were sure that if Silestone and Caesarstone are able to make uniform slabs, Cambria could make them, too. They assured me that Cambria has great customer service, as well.

Cambria headquarter customer service actually did not give me the line that the spots are a design feature. They even agreed that it looked splotchy. It was the local representative who came out and insisted that it was part of the design. He was a jerk, by the way. The regional representative, who was much more polite, reiterated this point, but her argument sounded fishy to me. If this was part of the design, why did she need to gather a group a people to determine this? Why did she need to pull three samples?

So what I want to know is this: if you have Cambria Devon, do your counters have this splotchiness?

Thanks!

Comments (27)