SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_174927330

Too picky on Cambria veining?

K A
last year
last modified: last year

Hi everyone,

We have undergone a significant kitchen renovation and we chose Cambria Brittanica warm as our countertop. Finally, after weeks of delays the countertops got installed today.

We completely understand that with a design that has veigning, it is what it is. We were told Cambria does their best to match veins etc. Not sure if we are being too picky, but especially considering the significant premium paid we are just a little bit unsure about how we feel. We are completely happy with the overall look, and maybe sweating the details too much. That said, they are already having to replace one piece that they installed given my wife spotted a blue discoloration in the stone... so I am maybe not as willing to give them the benefit of the doubt in terms of quality control.

Curious to hear what others think. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

The one that really gets me is the splotchy looking one in the first pic. I would hardly call that a vein. It does not continue above or below the counter. It is literally just a splotch.

• This one kind of looks like they jammed two veins together. It doesn't really look natural

And just a pic of the island.. we are extremely happy with how this turned out!

Comments (9)