SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
honorarygoose

How do I bring the look/feel of nature indoors?

B Oh
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi,

I have a new apartment (1064 sq ft) and I'd like to bring the look of nature indoors.

So far I only have 3 pieces of furniture in the apartment, the only common theme between them is comfort and the necessity of needing furniture. The first is a Queen Anne rice bed with a red/mahogany fishing. The second is a dining set with a slightly darker finish than the bed, espresso seats and the lines are pretty traditional. The third piece is a power recliner couch bought on a day when I was in a lot of pain and it was the only couch to relieve some of it. It has kind of a buff/chamois color even though it's microfiber.

I'll be putting up curtains, eclipse blackout curtains with thermal blocking, in kind of an ivory/light champagne color (a little brighter than the walls.)

The floors are new--a kind of a light mushroom color carpet throughout with vinyl faux wood planking in the bathrooms and kitchen.

Outside, from the deck, are pine trees.

Even though I'm in the middle of the desert SW, there's a little area nearby with trees and man-made lakes, animals of every sort. I've spent years tending to geese there as well as other waterfowl. Bare minimum, I'll definitely put up some of their pictures printed on canvas (as well as a couple of my last pup and, in time, a couple of the new pup whenever he/she comes along ;) )

Any ideas on how to bring the elements of nature, the animals, water, the trees, etc. indoors?

Thanks so much for your input

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH