SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lwfromny

Infrequent Use of Bali Cordless Cellular Blinds

lwfromny
7 years ago

I am purchasing cellular blinds for a room with lots of big windows, as well as a sliding glass door. Currently, there are cordless cellulars in the room. They were installed by the home's previous owners in 2005, and are still in very good shape. I'm replacing them for non-performance related reasons.

The previous owners lived in this house full time. I presume they raised and lowered the blinds frequently. I bought the house in 2011 and for me it is a vacation property. This means that the house is used frequently only about 5 months of the year. In the off seasons the blinds are kept down.

The Bali blind salesperson is strongly cautioning me against going cordless again. She insists that if the blinds are not used daily the mechanism can freeze up. I told her that in the off season I go there every 1-2 weeks and can raise and lower them but she says that's not frequent enough. I really DON'T want cordless, but I do want them to outlast the warranty. The current blinds are Bali and are fine. Does anyone have any expertise in this? The salesperson has no motive to mislead me, as going corded would be cheaper for me.

Thanks!

Comment (1)