SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctreno_gw

MBR Romans, shutters, cellular, or wood blinds - help!

ctreno
14 years ago

I really need help before I go nuts.

I posted here before about this same room, but now that I have done some research and pricing, I have follow up questions.

There are 12 MBR windows, all 36x48 and on a curved wall. We have partial water views (pretty minimal but still nice,) a lot of SW light (so need at least room-darkening, if not blackout option.) Privacy is an issue since you have to walk past those windows to get form bathroom to closet. I don't care so much, but DH is adamant that there be privacy (really funny, because I am in general the more modest one) - but we do want something that will let light in in the morning, but not neighbors' viewing!

We ruled out drapes because on the round and with the room not being very deep, the bunching of two layers of fabric (sheer + darkening) would be too bulky. You can see how close left-most window is to wall.

We are going transitional, though the bath will look pretty contemporary. The windows are 6 over 1. We are considering:

Cordless cellular top-down, bottom-up shades. This would be the most convenient option for so many windows since there would be no cords, but my gut says they are a little tacky looking for a MBR - but I'm really not good at decor so correct me if wrong. Also, I heard that eventually the cordless lose their elasticity???

Shutters - too $$$? too cottage-like? Didn't frame windows to accommodate so I don't even know that we can.

Top-down bottom up Roman Shades from The Shade Store. Already priced them out. I like that these have a sleek look and many fabric/color choices. Only issue is having 24 cords in total and don't love that you have to lose about 4-6" at the top of window, but could live with that.

Wood blinds - wasn't considering this until today, because I thought perhaps they're too "heavy" in a master???? I like that you could have the privacy by tilting the blinds, and then lift to fully open after getting dressed.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!