SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

People, prepare for Tea Time!

caroline94535
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Set your alarms; mark your calendars; tie a string around your finger, wrist, knee, or pets' collars - just don't miss tea!

I'll be pouring every hour on the hour from now until next Tuesday.

I've been up since 0400 baking scones, tea cakes and breads, making lemon curd and raspberry jam and jelly.

I have seven types of tea to brew, two types of coffee to press, pitchers of iced water, lemonade, and lemon/cucumber/mint/ginger spa water.

There will be more tea sandwiches than you can image - roast beef with horseradish, smoked Alaskan salmon, cucumber with dill, fresh shrimp, radish with cream cheese, chicken salad, egg salad (cause the chicken got here first), peanut butter and ???, and bread-and-butter.

Don't overlook the bowls of various green salads and platters of succulent fresh fruits.

On the drinks table there is Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut Cava, a Spanish-type champagne. It's from the stash I brought home after my AIr Force stint there! Some consider it too plain and cheap. I consider it nose tickling delightful, wonderfully dry, and affordable enough to flow non-stop.

You will also find your favorite international red and white wines, Andalucían Sherry, brandy, port, and several types of beer.

Wear your favorite hat and gloves or your grubbiest gardening gear - just be here! Chat, laugh, inspire, empathize, entertain, or just put you feet up and relax.

If I've forgotten your favorite Tea Time treat, feel free to add it to the tables.

One lump, or two?

http://winefolly.com/review/what-is-cava/

Comments (50)