SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vitos_marietta

Mini-split system for a restaurant?

vitos_marietta
7 years ago

Here is what we have: we bought a pizza restaurant and found that it is missing the central air units from the roof. What we were told by the contractor who found it is that he thinks we require (2) 5 ton units. I would like confirmation if this would be suitable or not. We are in the Atlanta metro area, the overall square footage of the restaurant is about 1300 square feet, the kitchen takes about 1/3 of that with (2) ovens operating at 500*. The hood fan was replaced and working properly, but temps in the kitchen on a 60* day generally remain around 80*-85*, occasionally higher. I am no HVAC professional, so I have been researching the 'net the best I can to find as much info as possible and what I find is for the size space we have would require about a 3 ton unit. Here is where my question comes in. I have been searching different options as we don't have a lot of money left to replace the AC and come across this mini-split. Would this be a feasible alternative, or should I look elsewhere? In my head, I think the "big" unit could go in the kitchen and the 2 "small" units could go in the dining area. Thanks for any help!!

http://www.thermospace.com/ductless_split/acd9918-tri-zone-36000-btu-9k+9k+18k.php

We have had a number of different quotes ranging from $17k-$30k+ for replacement and unfortunately we are not in a position to afford these numbers.

Comments (6)