SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelseyes2007

this is what Stress is

angelseyes2007
7 years ago

You hear a lot now about how Grandparents are raising their grand babies, I never thought I would be one of those parents. I raised three children and was ready to live my mid years enjoying coming and going as I pleased but then my son got his girlfriend pregnant, whom we cared a lot about. She started to have some issues just before the baby was born and after, her and my son started to fight often. While we were out of state with the baby she chased my son with knives and caused some other issues. We went to the courts to get emergency temporary guardianship and restraining order. after the restraining order was lifted my son asked to give her another chance, we agreed to and a couple of weeks after moving back in she burned the babies (2 months old) knuckles with a flat iron and possibly shook the baby. well to make a long story short I went for permanent guardianship and was granted it with a year restraining order. she has had multiple 51as filed against her for burning the baby and no chargers have been brought against her. then I get told she has the right to try to get her back after the restraining order expires and DCF tells us that if she tries they will take the baby ... What is sad there is really no outlets for grandparents to get info from or help unless you are willing to hand over your pay check. I have dealt with all of this myself and believe me it has been stressful. There is so much to this story so I will keep it short.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler