SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Shoulders. Damn. BOTH!!!

Faron79
7 years ago

Found out today......"No stem-cells for you"! Because.................................

........the *$&#*(^)&)$&@& -ing HD-MRI showed the small tear on my Left shoulder was worse than the U/S showed back on 2/17! It was kinda funny in a way. He said it initially looked like I would be a perfect candidate for the "small tear SC study", per that U/S scan. Last Wed's "3T-MRI" (3 Tesla vs a 1.5Tesla-power) showed an 11mm long tear, CLOSE to the actual Humerus. The funny part was when he said "So far Faron, we can't make SC's 'jump' any more than 5mm"!

SO. TWO RC's needed this year!!!!!!

The much-worse Right side will get done soon. We've known each other for a few years very casually, since we're kinda neighbors (& he did my left TKR 9/14). He almost never does surgeries on Tues or Thursdays. But he made a very nice gesture by saying he'd work me in on one of those days, & move some meetings around if needed! He's SO damn busy....kinda shocked me that he said that!!! This way, I can get the bad shoulder done in April (SOON!), & do the minor RC Left shoulder in maybe November.

Doing both the SAME year obviously means the 2nd surgery/therapies will be "free"! Insurance deductibles, co-pays, will obviously be met soon anyway. 2nd shoulder wouldn't "have to" be done same year, but by then, insurance will be paying 100%.

Yay! Wait................. ;-)

Faron

Comments (11)