SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Yikes. Not such good Rt shoulder news.... :-(

Faron79
7 years ago

Damn. The U/S today didn't look so good on my Rt shoulder, which I injured on Christmas Day.

My knee surgeon Dr. must've told the Scanning-Dr. he wanted both shoulders scanned! As the U/S Tech came in, he said Dr. ******* wanted an updated left shoulder scan too. To myself, I just said "Huh"?! The L one was U/S on NYE day of 2014. My TKR was done that Sept. '14. Couple small tears were present in L shoulder at that time. Thankfully, the L shoulder hasn't changed much! Chronic Impingement goin' on tho'.....

But.....the RIGHT shoulder. Uffda.....

I think the Tech said "Yeah...there's complete tears here (end of the Supraspinatus muscle/tendon)". That IS NOT what I wanted to hear!!! Bicep tendon damaged moderately too. I can't remember if there was a tear there. A/C joint looks "pretty rough" from arthritis & wear too. ! He also pointed-out large (for a shoulder anyway...!) pockets of fluid. The Sub-Acromial Bursa was quite enlarged/irritated, with fluid too. That means heavy rubbing/damage against the rough A/C joint above it.

(kinda felt like crying occasionally after THIS appt! Uffda again...)

So gang, my Left shoulder might be eligible for the Stem-Cell study/treatment. The newly damaged RT shoulder.....not so much. The Tech looked at me with kind of a wry look and said, "Yeah...a little too much damage here for a Stem-cell injection to fix".

Oh.....Joy.

Faron

Comments (20)