SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
millertime3312

Help with Kitchen Remodel - Design and Finishes

7 years ago

I have followed this site for a while and am now looking to remodel my kitchen. I have read through the general kitchen specifications and I think the design meets most of the rules for kitchen flow and dimensions. The cabinets along the wall will be pulled out 1.5" so the counters around the exterior will be 27" deep. I would really appreciate any thoughts and suggestions. I have been through a few iterations with a kitchen designer and this is where I currently stand. I have attached images of the drawings. My first floor is an open concept. The living room is essentially where the picture would have been taken showing the range wall. The living room is 21x16 with the 15x13 dining room off of it. I am a single male and at this point only have one cook in the kitchen but would like to plan for plenty of space for cooks in the kitchen if my situation changes.

I really liked quarter sawn oak cabinets when I saw them and have attached a few images of cabinets I really like. I also like the American Olean Black Wenge Tile but I am not sure if the tile goes with the cabinets. I am also leaning towards getting marble-like quartz with a large white subway tile with grey grout to pull in the grey in the counters and floor tile. I seem to now be questioning all off these choices and I would appreciate any advice as I am not sure everything ties together. Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide.

Comments (19)