SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdrhome

Please help with new tankless/ point of use water system

bdrhome
7 years ago

We're building and are wanting to do a tankless heating system, or multiple point of use units. I've researched so much but it's complicated subject matter for someone not versed in plumbing. Our builder is concerned about effectiveness and is pushing us towards an old-school tank. But we want energy efficiency and hot water that won't run out. We also do not have room for a large tank, else we lose a main closet and it would have to be on our second floor, which I hate the idea of (in case of a unit leaking). We have spec'd all low-flow fixtures. We only have electric available- no gas! - most of the tankless/ point of use units with significant rise seem to be gas only. We are in CO and a map shows the ground water temperature to be around 40 degrees for our area so we need something with 65+ degree temperature rise from what I understand. We have our own well. Can we get our water hot enough with electric tankless/point of use? What kind of system is recommended? 2700 sq ft house. 3 full bathrooms, master tub, plus laundry, DW, etc. If someone could point me in the right directions I'd be so grateful. I've read a ton of forums and articles discussing pros and cons but don't have any concrete examples of what we could install that would work for our situation.

Comments (8)