SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachem

Week 129 - Apology for not getting weekly topic done

beachem
7 years ago

I completely left the forum at Christmas due to a personal tragedy. I was maintaining the discussion through months of taking care of my dad in the hospital but after he came home, he had a fall a few days after Christmas and unexpectedly passed away from the accident. I just didn't have the time or heart to deal with anything except the most critical stuff.

I'll be restarting the weekly topics in April. I've been dealing with the upheavals and paperwork from a passing while doing PT for my own injury. I'm finally out of a cast and boot after 3 months.

Please help by providing suggestions for any topics that you think we should cover but have not done so in the past two years. I'm still numb and not fully recovered from my multiple concussions so I'm rather slow mentally at the moment.

I just restarted on the kitchen this weekend. We were only a couple of weeks away from finishing when I had my fall then dad had his. It's been difficult to face the kitchen since I designed every aspects for him and his needs. He was so excited about it when he came home. Every time I started touching something to finish, it brings to mind that this is how Dad would have used it and I would get overwhelmed with grief.

I don't really care about the kitchen details anymore and just want to get it done and out of my hair. I'll need support from y'all as I get thru decisions on the last details. I have big decisions that I have to redo such as the countertop stone (the one I paid for was resold by the distributor to someone else).

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths