SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenfish1234

Antique buffs: Which Chair in There???

greenfish1234
7 years ago

I have been getting some great Houzz advice on finishing my fun, comfy, and eclectic TV room here: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/need-to-finish-this-room-dsvw-vd~4474877

Already solved or addressed (for now) are the curtains, the need to move my rug further under the sofa, the fact that I can't lower the pictures over the sofa, and the need for a different lamp.

I am looking for vintage chairs to pair in the unfinished end of the room. I would like to have them reupholstered in a cool selection of fabrics and colors, not too over-the-top but fun.

these chairs were my inspiration, I would kill to find the exact ones vvvv

I have found some great vintage chairs on etsy. It would cost quite a bit to ship and then reupholster any of these, but I'm ok if the end result is worth it. these two are reasonable and in good shape (meaning I could maybe use them until I can afford to reupholster them) vvv

these I love and think are so unusual,vvvv

but I feel like the price ($1750 for the pair) is really high for the very bad condition (cane bottoms broken and missing, lots of noticeable scratches even in this photo). I asked the seller if she would come down, citing excellent condition MCM chairs on etsy starting at $350 (the darker ones above are 450$), and she cited a pair of mahogany greek key chairs on 1stdibs for nearly $6000 EACH (give me a break) vvv

1) If you know anything about antiques, could you shed some light on the high price of those chairs I love? Do I need to get them out of my head?

2) Of the 3, which would you choose for my room? (see room below)

3) Bonus question: fabric ideas? I would definitely have more than one fabric if I had one of the first two chairs with upholstered backs. I love this pic: vvv

my room (real curtains in that color are on their way vvv

Thanks!!

Comments (1.4K)