SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

low blood pressure

schoolhouse_gw
7 years ago

Some days ago I complained of episodes of being light headed since Feb. 26. Had a doctor appt. for today that had been scheduled six months ago. Anyway, the doc was so happy I'd lost 14lbs . I told him I had been on the "stress" diet on account of Mom's passing and had actually lost much more than that up until January. He has decided that he wants be to go off my water pill starting tomorrow and eventually off my blood pressure med! He said I've been taking it for nearly 15 years and it's time to re-evaluate. Also that he feels people over 60 shouldn't take too many medications unless absolutely needed.

I hate taking meds, if I can do it, I will. And the dizzy spells were more than likely low blood pressure as today my reading was 130/75. Then he suggested I buy a blood pressure cuff for home to help monitor my pressure as I go off the water pill and eventually the BP med.

I reluctantly went to CVS and had the pharmacist help me choose one. $53.99! Not happy about buying one. I told the clerk I may bring it back. If you have a BP kit, do you use it often?

Comments (16)