SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caligirl555

Door knobs for craftsman bungalow

caligirl5
7 years ago

Hi guys, hope you don't mind helping with an issue outside the kitchen.

With my kitchen-bath-overhalfmyhouse remodel, I'm replacing nearly all the doors (6) :( Even sadder is losing the original door knobs, so I want to put in a nice period-looking reproduction.

I ordered antique brass for the door hinges, which goes with the original brass hardware in the house, though that's only visible in the window hardware now. The kitchen lighting will be ORB and antique copper; cabinet hardware is TBD. Bathroom lighting and hardware is nickel, maybe an antique brass light fixture. I think I could go in a lot of different directions with the finish.

House of Antique Hardware has a nice door knob that looks like my original. I thought I wanted antique brass...but the finish seems dull not antique. For the cost, and for having to give up the originals, I want to love them.

I could go with Timeless Bronze. I like that it's a little distressed, but seems like the dark may be stark on the white doors.

I kind of like the idea of doing un-lacquered brass. It would be like what was originally there, but there won't be any other shiny brass in the house.

Rejuvenation has a version, I like the finish better but the crystal knob less (it's different than mine), and the cost would be $400 more across all the knobs I need to buy. I feel a little silly paying that to get a better faux finish!

What do you guys think? Do you hate or love any of them?

Also! One of my new closets will have bifold doors. What knobs would you put on there? Like a crystal cabinet knob maybe?

Thank you for reading. My bathroom was supposed to be done in 5 weeks--it's been 5 weeks, and there's not even insulation yet. I'm hanging on by a thread and not sure what I'd do without GW.

Comments (11)