SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolyn2134

42" wall cabinets, no crown molding? Are you happy with the look?

Carolyn
7 years ago

I have a little kitchen with old cabinets and hardly any storage. For our remodel, I wanted cabinets that went up to the ceiling, and a pantry (finally!). The cabinet designer we're using says that we can't have crown molding on our tall cabinets and 96" pantry (we have eight-foot ceilings, but no soffit thankfully). Almost every picture I look up however, has crown molding on the cabinets that go to the ceiling. The cabinets we (and our budget) chose do not have a 39" option, and the only pantry heights are 90" or 96". I didn't want to choose 36" cabinets and a shorter pantry because that's a lot of inches of storage I don't want to lose (my husband and I are tall, so we will actually use all the cabinet space).

I don't want to choose 36" cabinets and a short pantry because that's a lot of storage I don't want to lose around the kitchen, but I also don't want the cabinets to look unfinished or "cheap", which is what I'm worried about with the lack of crown molding.

The designer says there is a small "scribing" molding that will be used instead. Does anyone have 42" cabinets in their kitchen without crown molding? Are you happy with the look?

I'd sincerely appreciate any pictures. My google image search is not giving me much information. Thanks!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County