SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigger

Cabinet maker wants to spray paint crown molding while on cabinet

tigger
14 years ago

I posted weeks ago about the crown molding on our cabinets looking a bit odd, as well as being a different color than the cabinets. Well, the cabinet maker finally fixed the molding so now it doesn't look so strange, but rather than going ahead and repainting it while it was down, re-installed it and wants to paint it while on the cabinets - using the sprayer of course. Does this sound feasible?? I'm extremely worried about him spraying everything around the molding, since it's difficult to cover every single thing. Actually, we're most worried about the ceiling since it can not be easily fixed if he gets overspray on it (the ceiling is a different color than the cabinets). Some things such as the counters, can be covered, but in my opinion it would make more sense to just remove the crown molding (as he already did once) and spray it in order to avoid any issues. I am so sick of delays caused by contractors screwing up and I swear I've almost reached my limit - my patience is wearing VERY thin!!

Anyway, just curious as to what others think - maybe I'm making too much of this and it actually shouldn't be a problem?

Comments (21)