SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

ole frugal joyful's happy song

joyfulguy
7 years ago

Almost seven years ago when the doc prescribed pressure socks for my varicose veins, I bought a couple of pair at a major health supplies store. The cost was about $40.00 each ... but if I had their store's loyalty card (that helps me get about 80 cents off my slightly over a gallon jug of milk weekly on seniors' Thursdays), I'd get them for a much lower price, an immediate discount of about 10 bucks.

The usual benefit that the loyalty card produces are a few points for most sales, and the 30 points per $3.40 or so on the milk ... takes a long time (more than my remaining years) to add up to thousands.

I was to wear them daily, and wash each pair nightly after wearing.

A few months later I bought another pair, which are somewhat tighter, making three pair in all.

Something like a couple of years ago the store called to learn how my socks were doing, and I said that they appear to be O.K ... that how would I know when there was deterioration?

They'd slide.

Mine don't - after upwards of 7 years' use! Still lots of snap in the tops (and down)!

The heels and toes are not elasticized ... have developed holes ... and have been darned numerous times.

How many socks, whether of the $3. - 4.00 or $30. - 40.00 have you worn hundreds of times?

My wallet's happy - so I'm happy.

ole joyfuelled

Comments (10)