SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monica_diaz22

Maimed my ivy, how can I restore it to health?

Monica Diaz
7 years ago

TL;DR version:

I think I suffocated / burned (?) my ivy plant with Neem oil. I gave it a shower and am hoping it will recover.

Can you tell me from these pictures if it stands a chance at coming back to life? If so, what should I do?

Extended version:

I bought an ivy three weeks ago. It hangs in the kitchen on a hook near an east facing window that opens to a light well and gets indirect light.

The tag called it "ideal ivy". It's green, no variegated coloring, and I think it might be a California Ivy. It was very healthy and lush, but after a week and one other new plant (a small "Janet Craig") in the apartment, I saw a mealybug on one of the plants closest to these two new ones, so I figured it had come in on the ivy or the Janet Craig. I had a bottle of Neem oil so I took both plants to the shower and doused them. I read you're supposed to repeat the process after a week, so I did. Then four days ago, I woke up to find my ivy dried out, limp and very sad. I think I improperly used the Neem oil and suffocated the ivy, so on Monday morning I gave it a shower and let it hang on the shower rod for the day to drain and recover from the Neem oil. Can you tell me from these pictures if it stands a chance at coming back to life? If so, what should I do?

Comments (14)