SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

LuLaRoe?

sleeperblues
7 years ago

Seems to be the newest multi level marketing scheme from some clothing company. I can't tell you how many facebook "parties" I've been invited to, so I can spend money on this stuff. From what I gather, it is stretchy clothing in loud prints with leggings and then long sweaters/dusters to cover up what the leggings expose. Seems the sizes go to 26, or 3XL. Kind of reminds me of the Weekenders craze back in the 90s. Anyone buy this stuff? What do you think?

Comments (14)

• Alisande
    7 years ago

The clothing doesn't sound like my thing. In fact, No MLM enterprise is my thing. Because so many people get their cut, MLM prices are inflated and the merchandise is usually cheap. I like good quality at bargain prices. :-)

I also dislike the "party" method of selling. So often people attend because they feel intimidated or guilty, and order stuff for the same reason. I've been invited to many, but have gone to only two. One was so long ago I barely remember it, but the other was a couple of years ago when the daughter of a close friend got roped into having a party at her house. I bought a thermal shopping bag, and I have to admit I've used it a lot and still like it. So maybe I shouldn't be so critical. But I'm still inclined to stay away from these gatherings.

sleeperblues thanked Alisande
  • lucillle
    7 years ago

I would not buy in such a situation, but I really like my exercise crops which are somewhat like leggings.

sleeperblues thanked lucillle
  • sleeperblues
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I hate these parties too, and it's usually girls at work who are selling the stuff so you almost feel obligated. But I hate these clothes, and while I do wear leggings (frequently) they are usually black or dark grey. No wild patterns for me. Maybe it's great stuff, so I was wondering if anyone had tried it. Those that are selling are quite effusive, natch.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    7 years ago

I think their stuff is freakin' ugly. What is driving the fad? It reminds me a bit of the Units brand from ? 1980s -- which I liked at the time, but it didn't hold up well.

sleeperblues thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • OutsidePlaying
    7 years ago

It's been going crazy here and everywhere I look someone has it on. One lady wore something out of that line every freaking day!

I did buy a couple of pair of leggings and a top to wear to Disneyworld after Christmas because I figured it would be easy to pack and easy to wear. Didn't care. It was really comfortable for the warm days and cooler evenings and I didn't have to spend a fortune on new clothes to wear just for a few days. I bought a pair of gray print leggings that weren't outrageous and I had a top that went with those. Also a plain black pair and a solid top. Some of the leggings are really too wild of a print for me. The fabric & construction is pretty cheap though.

sleeperblues thanked OutsidePlaying
  • nicole___
    7 years ago

Never heard of it. Buuuuut.....I've seen some bright, UGLY leggings lately. Maybe......?

sleeperblues thanked nicole___
  • Dakota
    7 years ago

I haven't gotten anything from them but I ordered leggings off of Amazon and all the reviews said they were basically the same thing. I wore them once and washed them and there were little holes all along the seam.

sleeperblues thanked Dakota
  • User
    7 years ago

I went to their website. It looks like the boho style I see in Seattle.

sleeperblues thanked User
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    7 years ago

I am out of the loop this time never heard of it. But the ladies I am around these days don't have those types of parties. I have to try on clothes I am not a normal shape. I have bird legs, normal enough arms not much in the derriere and as I age my boobs seem to be deflating and disappearing. I don't have much of a waist. They show those shape things like apple and pear and figure 8 bla bla bla. Me I am not any of those lol. Kinda modified footballish with toothpick legs and arms lol. I don't know what happened because I was was very well shaped when I was younger. Things just started shifting all over the place. I do like some leggings and long tunics however and with boots not that we have the weather for boots much. I lost all my good cowboy boots and other boots and shoes in the flood. I really miss my Uggs I love them when we travel, so I ordered new ones yesterday.

I will have to check out this website.

sleeperblues thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • Kessala M
    7 years ago

I've done a bit of reading about Lularoe out of curiosity. Some of the blogs I read are written by women who have bought into the program and are now selling this clothing. Did you know it costs them $5,000 to join and receive their initial shipment of inventory?

The bloggers I follow all seem to be young, stay at home moms who are obviously looking for a way to earn money at home. The inventory they're sent is decided by the Lularoe company. The sellers don't know what they're receiving until they get the shipment. Most of the clothing is double-ugly in my opinion. For $5,000.

All I can think is once the interest dies down and no one wants Lularoe's Mormon "fashions" any longer how far in debt they'll end up being.

Kessala

sleeperblues thanked Kessala M
  • User
    7 years ago

They are ugly clothes in my opinion. I don't see anyone dressed like that around here.

sleeperblues thanked User
  • Chi
    7 years ago

I work in a school and probably 80% of the teachers wear them almost every day. They are obsessed with them. I don't get it, lol. Just a fad that I assume will fade soon.

sleeperblues thanked Chi
  • eld6161
    7 years ago

I looked at the website thinking they would be the wacky patterns that I see at the gym. The gym clothes are tame compared to these patterns.

The website only showed a few items, I guess it's because it's only available at a party?

Hopefully the women will earn their money back and maybe make a bit more. Obviously if there is no interest, they will stop doing it.

Usually women go through all their family, friends and coworkers. Then they try to get recommendations from those groups. This is usually where it all fizzles.

sleeperblues thanked eld6161