SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jevon_staffieri

Appliance Selection Help

Jevon Staffieri
7 years ago

Hello All -

I posted a few months ago about my kitchen design and the people here were SO helpful in getting that completed. I am ordering my cabinets before the end of this month and I am having one hell of a time trying to come to a decision on our appliances. I need to make a decision to be sure they will fit my cabinets. I have done a ton of reading on here as well as other websites and been in multiple stores playing around.

My biggest question at this point is really: do I go with a double wall oven or a single oven with a speed oven. The speed oven gives me the advantage of not having to have a microwave drawer (which I am reading have been burning up) and that 24" space would now be a wine fridge which would make the wife pretty happy. We host maybe two holiday parties a year where a double wall oven will really be used, other than that probably only here and there so I am trying to justify that.

Budget is obviously a concern as it is for most and I am right around the $10k mark - give or take a $1k or $2k. I have been looking at Bosch Benchmark, Bosch 800 series, Jenn-Air (primary love their interface), and Thermador. I believe regardless of what I do I will have the Thermador 30" 5 burner cook top as I love the look at reviews on it and I cook on the right front burner so I need a powerful one there. I have been all over the place trying to come up with a solution and I was just hoping to get peoples opinions on if you made the switch to the speed oven if you are glad you did. I would need to use the speed oven as a 2nd oven on the occasional holiday party and I would love a way to quickly cook chicken fingers/fries/potatoes etc for my kids!

• Does your speed-oven do a good job as an oven cooking these types of items and working as a 2nd oven?
  • Is there an appliance brand that I am leaving out that I should be considering?
  • Is the Jenn Air Culinary Center really worth it? Love the look of the oven/handles. My wife is trying her best to be able to cook and I really think that could help her (and me in the end:))
  • Any thoughts in general would be great as I am driving myself nuts!

Thank you in advance for anyones opinion!!!

Comments (10)