SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kucharsk

Appliance selection help (notably wall oven and cooktop)

kucharsk
15 years ago

We've got our appliance selection pretty much nailed down as follows:

Fridge - Sub-Zero BI-42SD

Cooktop - Miele or Wolf 30" Induction

Vent - Wolf or other 30" "pop up" downdraft

Dishwasher - Miele LaPerla or Excella or Bosch SHX98M09UC or SHE98M05UC

Microwave - Sharp or whatever's on sale with a trim kit

The wall oven (30" single) is a bit of a sticking point - we like the Miele but I've read a number of posts here about its temperature variability, and also the same point was made in the SmartMoney review I'm sure people here are familiar with.

That has lead into the 30" Wolf L Series being top contender despite the flip-over control panel leading the "most likely feature to break the day after the warranty expires" sweepstakes.

Needless to say, most people post to complain about their products, so we don't get to hear from people HAPPY with their Miele H4881BP - or their Wolf SO30USS, for that matter.

I already have to give a big thank you to this forum as the original over we had been leaning towards was the KitchenAid KEBS107SSS, but as we'd like to be able to run it through a self-clean cycle without having parts self-destruct (or having them fry if the power accidentally goes out during a self-clean cycle), I think we dodged a bullet on that selection.

Likewise the Electrolux E30EW75GSS seems nice, but we'd like something reliable with a good track record, and there have been some reports of the interior flaking off in the Electrolux. (Love its roller racks, though.)

On a similar note, it seems like everyone loves their Miele induction cooktop, and we like the idea of an actual timer that shuts off the hobs on the Miele rather than the beeper alone on the Wolf.

Does anyone have any reasons they prefer the Wolf to the Miele cooktop other than design (the Wolf is available frameless, the Miele is not.)

Sorry to ask so many questions right away, but actually these are the only major ones we have left after reading all the other posts here!

Comments (3)