SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshineandpinot

Still not happy with my backsplash- $2K to redo :0

Lauren0319
7 years ago

Original GW thread here

I'm just so thrilled with everything we did with our big remodel... except my backsplash. I just don't think it "goes" and it distracts from my awesome white macaubas counters. With your suggestions, I told my contractor I was very interested in tearing out it and redoing with possibly fireclay, in a gloss/matte mix that I've seen done really well here. No focal point. What you see in the pic is the only backsplash we have. Length is apx 144".

Contractor is estimating about $2K to redo. That includes demo of what is currently in place. That's just a lot of money and while I actually want to do it, my husband is very much not interested, especially at that price.

That said, my husband is also SUPER handy and I might be able to talk him into the demo if you didn't think that was too complicated. I'd like to ask contractor what that might save us.

WDYT- is $2K to redo a fair quote? I am not by any means stuck with my contractor (though I did have a positive experience with him) and I could get multiple quotes. I just want it done correctly with no damage to our counters, UCL, and new cabinets.

I'm DYING to do a reveal here as we have some clever things..... I just want to be at peace with the BS.

Current pics-

Say hi to Alexa and our butter dish #reallife ;)

And to future kitchen renovators!!! Listen- when the GWers tell you to wait until counter and cabinet install to choose a BS, listen to them!!!!!!! I sure wish I did :(

Comments (18)