SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perfectusinfinitusvita

Fortuniana? Lady Banks? Something Different?

Hello! So I have this spot that I would like to fill with a large rose bush as part of a future moon garden. I would like whatever I choose to be a nice big, vigorous grower. I kind of want to choose a Fortuniana rose, but I know there are a lot of roses out there that I'm not familiar with, some of which may be better. I know for sure that it would absolutely have to be white, and it absolutely would HAVE to be fragrant, I just don't know what would be the best kind for my spot. I recently became familiar with White Lady Banks and am intrigued by it as well. I know that Fortuniana is a once-bloomer, and that's okay, though a repeat bloomer would be even better. Thorns are okay, I can deal with them well enough. Here's a picture of the spot that I want to fill:

I know it doesn't look like it, but it comes out about 13 or 14 feet, and it's even longer along the fence. The spot is on the south side of my property, and it gets full sun pretty much all day. The neighbors are more than happy to have some pretty roses covering their fence too, as it's "less decoration they have to do outside" lol. I don't mind if it ends up being a monster...if it gets 10 feet tall, all the better, because I want the garden to be a nice, screened in, little private area with a pond in the middle.

So whatdaya guys think? Should I go ahead and plant fortuniana there? Is lady banks better? Are those crappy choices and there's a much better rose out there that would fit my needs? I'm open to any other suggestions and advice you guys have, as I'm new to roses ^_^

Comments (24)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm